Aimed at charity finance professionals with experience of working in the sector and builds on the knowledge gained in the Introduction to Charity Finance course. This course combines interactive group discussions with plenary teaching.
Advanced Charity Finance is case study based, allowing participants to gain a practical understanding of issues such as:
- Reading of accounts and developments in accounting policies
- Reporting and impact
- Risk, reserves and investment policies
- In depth discussion of current tax rules, including trading income, gift aid and investment
- Outline of applicable VAT, including recoverable vs irrecoverable VAT, exemptions and zero rating.
Participants will find it helpful to bring their annual report and accounts with them.
Who should attend:
- People new to charities but with previous financial experience;
- Those familiar with general accounting and reporting concepts who are looking to update their current knowledge;
- This course is ideal for those who want to broaden their knowledge of what other charities may be doing.
*Please note: this course is for registered charities only.