This course is aimed at charity finance professionals with experience of working in the sector and builds on the knowledge gained in the Introduction to Charity Finance course.
This session combines interactive group discussions with plenary teaching. The course is case study based, allowing participants to gain a practical understanding of issues such as:
- Reading of accounts and developments in accounting policies
- Reporting and impact
- Risk, reserves and investment policies
- In depth discussion of current tax rules, including trading income, gift aid and investment
- Outline of applicable VAT, including recoverable vs irrecoverable VAT, exemptions and zero rating.
Participants may find it helpful to have their annual report and accounts with them.
Please note this course is now taking place online.
Who should attend:
- People new to charities but with previous financial experience
- Those familiar with general accounting and reporting concepts who are looking to update their current knowledge
- This course is ideal for those who want to broaden their knowledge of what other charities may be doing
*Please note: this course is for registered charities only.
How to book
Please note any payments for events bookings are required to be made online. Book below - if you have any issues contact email@example.com.
About CFG events and membership
CFG events, training and members' meetings can count towards your continuous professional development (CPD). Contact your association for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a CFG member gives you discounts on events and training, and access to exclusive events. Membership is open to your whole organisation. Join our community