In advance of Thursday 7 October
1. Download our social media toolkit. You’ll find a images for stories on Instagram, the GAAD21 logo, Facebook and Twitter banners and infographics. We encourage charities to customise the assets and create their own. Every year we look forward to seeing what you come up with! More resources will be added in the lead up to the day, including fact sheets and posters. More information will also be available on our website.
2. Prepare social media posts and content, thanking those who #TickTheBox and explaining the impact ticking the box has on your charity.
How does ticking the box help your beneficiaries? And how much goes unclaimed? You’ll find some sample social media posts in the toolkit and we encourage you to share your own too!
3. Be part of our first Gift Aid Awareness Day film. This is a first for the campaign, and it can only happen with your help! We’re looking for between 20-25 charities to take part in a special video for release on the day. It’s a simple message, but we need your help to share it. If your team is interested in collaborating on this exciting project, email Emma Abbott for more details, including a script and instructions. Your video clips needn’t be long – only two to three seconds – so anyone can get involved. All you need is a Smartphone!
4. Share your expertise. If you’re a CFG corporate partner with expertise in Gift Aid claims and would like to feature in the 2021/22 Guide to Gift Aid, please email your interest to the editor. If you’re a charity that has made great strides in reclaiming more Gift Aid and have a good case study you’d like to share, please get in touch too!
On 7 October 2021
5 ways to get involved
1. Get on social media – tweet, post and share the #TickTheBox and #GiftAidAwarenessDay hashtags. This is your charity’s chance to thank your donors for ticking the box and remind them of the impact this vital tax relief has. We want this to be the biggest #GiftAidAwarenessDay ever. Help the campaign to get trending!
2. Join us in our webinar session with HMRC. CFG members are invited to join us in a Q&A session with HMRC. If you and/or colleagues would like to register your interest in our webinar, or would like to ask a question of the team to put to HMRC, please email the policy team. We’ll get back in touch with more details and joining instructions nearer the time. Please note this is a CFG-members-only opportunity.
3. Look out for our updated Guide to Gift Aid, download the new edition and keep for reference. It’s full of helpful advice and pointers from many of the country’s leading Gift Aid experts.
4. Signpost and share any other useful resources or information for others to discover and use. We still need to close that £600m Gift Aid claims gap and anything advice, hints and tips you can share with other charities will help.
5. Spread the word! Encourage others to join and share the #TickTheBox message. Thank you for supporting this year’s Gift Aid Awareness Day. If you have any questions or ideas, please get in touch with the team. We’d love to hear your thoughts! About Gift Aid Awareness Day