Join us for our bitesize series of online investment events this January, helping you to grow your understanding and what investment options could work for your charity. CFG members can book the whole series for only £75, and non-members can book for £95.
If you've missed one of the earlier sessions, don't worry the series is still open for bookings, and the sessions you have missed will be sent to you as a recording.
Aims of the course
- To build on your knowledge of the assets classes covered in the Foundation course, turning theory into practice and ensure you develop the right investment policy for your organization
- To understand what we mean by Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), the different approaches, how it might apply to and impact your portfolio
- To consider how to monitor your investment manager, understand different performance tools, styles of management, timing of investment and various means of implementing your policy
Sessions 1 and 2 - Tuesday 12 and Thursday 14 January
- Long-Term Multi Asset Investing In Practice
- Past and future investment returns: planning for a low growth future
- Income, sustainable withdrawals and total return investing: how to develop the right policy for your organisation
Sessions 3 and 4 - Tuesday 19 and Thursday 21 January
- Portfolio measurement
- How to choose and monitor your investment manager
- Understand performance: consider the different performance tools, benchmarking, style factors that influence performance and the importance of timing of investment.
Sessions 5 and 6 - Tuesday 26 and Thursday 28 January
- Stewardship and ESG
- What do we mean by Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) and how to incorporate it into your portfolio
- Does ESG impact on performance and what are the differences between ESG approaches?
About CFG events and membership
CFG events, training and members' meetings can count towards your continuous professional development (CPD). Contact your association for further information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a CFG member gives you discounts on events and training, and access to exclusive events. Membership is open to your whole organisation. Join our community
Association of Independent Museums members can register for free CFG membership through our partnership.